The Portuguese Bioinformatics Network is a grass roots organisation of the Portuguese research community working in the loosely defined areas of Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Systems Biology, etc.
The Network’s goals are to catalyse and participate in the organisation of scientific meetings, organise and co-ordinate training activities, and in general to promote computational and theoretical methods in biological research, as well as in the industrial and medical application contexts. It also maintains this Web portal, a comunication resource for the bioinformatics community.
- José B. Pereira-Leal (Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência/Laboratório Associado de Oeiras)
- Cláudio Soares (Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica, UL/Laboratório Associado de Oeiras)
- Ana Teresa Freitas (Instituto Superior Técnico/INESC-ID)
- Isabel Rocha (Universidade do Minho/Instituto de Biotecnologia e Bioengenharia)
- José Luis Oliveira (Universidade de Aveiro)